'Flex' Newspaper Headers

Sunday, 29 November 2009

Some work that took me much longer than it should have.


I got asked to redesign the section headers for the Falmouth & Exeter student newspaper, Flex (which incidentally featured a picture of my ugly mug & my beer pump last issue!).
The paper's Arts section features a lot of illustration & the headers for their comments & letters pages already have figurative illustration on, so I wasn't as worried as I could have been about doing a job for a newspaper. It took me a loooong time to come up with ideas for these, & I still don't like a couple of them, so I was nervous about reactions to them. The chief editor seemed really pleased though, & now they'll be sitting pretty in every issue!

Finished just in time for Drawcember as well...

0 comments: