Organica Chocolate Bars

Thursday, 10 June 2010

I love Organica chocolates, being vegan there aren't that many "milk" style chocolates on the market I can eat I guess, but apart from that they're damn tasty, & they manage to be entirely organic, often Fairtrade & sourced from sustainable farms. Saying that I don't think I'm cut out for packaging, this felt very constrained, so I might quit my packaging design career while I'm a tiny bit ahead!
This project got disturbed by another surprise project, so I had to drop it then come back to it...normally that should've killed my enthusiasm, but actually it gave me the chance to reasses what I'd done & I think it's a whole lot stronger for it.


Props to Karl for folding the mock-ups for me ;D Originally I'd designed these with hand-drawn type but they looked amateur; the type on the finals here are blockprinted then edited in Photoshop. I also blockprinted the company's logo so it would match better with the rest of my design, which I think is a vast improvement, & blockprinted another design with an image rather than type.


Marmalade + orange chocolate!
These were such a blast to make, even through the occasions where the tool slipped & I stabbed myself! I've got a real bee in my bonnet about printmaking at the moment. Expect more!

1 comments:

Luc said...

Waah these are ace! I like the hand-written information on teh back! And props to karl indeed for the mock-ups! Are these actually going to be a product? They totally should.